Saturday, August 14, 2010

IT Elective Assignment 1

1. WHAT ARE THE FACTORS THAT CONTRIBUTED TO THE SUCCESS AND FAILURE OF STEVE JOBS AS A TECHNOPRENEUR?

Before I will answer the question, I will first define what is technopreneurship and what is technopreneur all about. A technopreneurship is involved in delivering an innovative hi-tech product or makes use of hi-tech in an innovative way to deliver its product to the consumer. It is not a product but a process of synthesis in engineering the future of a person, an organization, a nation and the world. In a digital, knowledge based society, strategic directions or decision making processes will be highly in demand and complex. In this business, it really requires a tertiary level and professional development programs and training to develop and produce strategic thinkers who will have the skills to succeed in a dynamically in changing global environment.

All of us are destined to experience the success or the ups in our lives and the failures or the downs of our lives. Everyone who undergo success in life feel that they have achieve their goals and they enjoy being happy. While the ones who experiencing failures feel that it is the most miserable thing happen to them. Then again, if every one of us is broad minded, we will not be affected of the trials that we experience but we take it as a challenge to go beyond what we have done. And face what would happen in the future.

These are the factors that contributed to the success of Steve Jobs:

Ø He had the Desire and Action

Steve Jobs has an aspiration to be famous and be a good technopreneur. In connection to that desire, he had persuaded in his goals in life and makes a step to make things as good as he expect. He has the drive and motivation to persevere and make things when things are not going as expected.

Ø Keen or Passionate

Steve Jobs shows an interest in going beyond what they anticipated; they want to reach the success in his business together with Steve Wozniak, who was also his partner in inventing the computer. Of all the cast-off they encountered from a lot of company which they proposed to sell the small computer, amazingly one company has offered them a big amount of cash to purchased what they invented. That was the Apple Computers Company started.

Ø Hard Working and Determination

This is one of the components that we need to be able to succeed in life. All of us have

goals in life, to be able to achieve it we are should strive hard to attain those what we want for our future. Most people think that many things are impossible but the reason behind those things is people don’t want to try or do the hard ones, they chooses to make the simple ones which is not good because in this case we are limiting our capacity in doing things possible. But if we are really determined and we work hard for it, we could achieve what we want in our lives which it could satisfy us. As what I observed with Steve Jobs in the movie, he really work hard for those things and together with his friend Wozniak they showed an interest in electronics and they are eager to work for it to come up with a very good results. They are really determined to communicate or conciliate with the companies which needed their products and a company that makes use of it.

Ø Knowledgeable and Wise

As a technoprenuer, they should possess with a large or broad knowledge about what they are working for. In this, Steve has a better understanding, he knows a great deal and he is well-informed to that specific thing he wants to work for. Being wise is the ability of a person to choose or make a right decision or judgement by applying intelligent thought to a wide range of experiences and knowledge with prudence which results with the use of his ability. Steve Jobs have this characteristic because it really shows that he is a wise man especially by the time that he chooses the people who were soon be involved in his company, he showed that he should choose for an employee with great experiences and have knowledge about his business. He wants inimitable employees who are working in his company, which are also eager to be train and have a broad mind. Because Steve wants the best of all the best for his company, in connection he succeeds in this matter.

These are the factors that contributed to the failure of Steve Jobs:

Ø Abusive to his workers and Insensitive

Steve Jobs over worked his employees, in result to this, his employees arise over him and have the confidence to shut to his face. He decided that his workers will work for 90 hours a week which is not good for the employees because it is too much to work with that number of hours. He should know the limitations and capacity of his workers if they can do or perform well in their job if they don’t have enough rest. And how about their health? If they overuse their bodies and minds they will get sick and how could they give out their best in their jobs. Steve is too abusive to his employees. He also don’t care to his workers whether his words that came from his mouth could hurt the people around him.

Ø Short-tempered

If an individual or a technopreneur have this characteristic would probably one of the reasons why a business would fail. In the movie Steve Jobs showed that he could easily be angry when a dilemma came in their company or in his environment. Like he had asked about the programs which are made by the programmer he easily get mad, he raised his voice and his probably out of control. As a team to work on a project, all of us should adjust in every situation especially when it comes to being a short tempered person because it is really hard to communicate or approach a person who had this characteristic.

Ø Arrogant

Some other says that being an arrogant is good if you have the business because too much confidence is much needed in this case. It is also an over bearing of manner or haughtiness. This is one factor that’s why Steve faces failures in his life. As he succeeds in his business and as the time went by, he changed a lot and the superiority was attached to him. He is too confident even though it is not in proper.

2. HOW WOULD YOU SEE YOURSELF AS A TECHNOPRENEUR?


First and foremost I would like to define what is a technopreneur and technopreneurship? And how would it affect us individually? What is the role of this in the business world? A technopreneur is a compound word made up of technology and entrepreneur. Thus, technopreneur is a business man that deals or promotes technological fields. Technopreneurship is the key to earn money through technology. The word came from 2 different words. First, technology, and next is entrepreneurship, where it means business. It could affect us really because now a day our environment is evolving especially in the fields of technology, right? And most of us are engage in these technologieis. We could not really deny it. Speaking of role in the business world, it is highly recommended to have a business which is attached with the technologies. And many people now are engage in this kind of business. It is a wide spread business all over the world.

Being an Information Technology Student, I didn’t really expect that I could take up this subject Technopreneurship. Why should we take up this subject? It is because it involves technology? My answer would really be a big yes! We are too close of having a better future someday if we follow the steps to be a successful technopreneur. It is also because I am an IT student and I am familiar with the technologies especially with computers. But this is not that easy to say that I am qualified to be a technopreneur someday. I should meet the characteristics for it to be a good and successful one. I know this is not that simple to bind in this area but there are no impossible if we have the courage to do it.

Everyone who wants to be a technopreneur should possesses these characteristics like Steve Jobs that he had the desire and should take an action, he is keen or passionate, hard-working, determined and knowledgeable enough and a wise decision maker and a lot more characteristics that if we are able to meet it we could be called as a new technopreneur. The most important to it are the skills, knowledge, passion and determined. Why skills??? It is what you can do or to perform a certain job well. Knowledge? Because if you don’t have the mind so how could we proceed to make it to the top. Passionate? It shows that we are inspired of what we are doing or what we love to do. Determined? It shows here that we are eager to the give out what we have. Because being a technopreneur, we should give out our very best , do the right things and take the consequences in very step that we are facing.

Many are involved in this even the younger ones or the older ones who have been develop their skills then the result to this is success. That’s why many professionals told that being a technopreneur is a risk taking activity and many of it is a risk taker because we should give out all our best to be successful. In the field of technopreneurship it can help our economy to go higher as what we expected and I know that it could really help to progress for our economy.

As of now I could not say right away that I could be a best technopreneur someday but these things should be happen if ever I am one of the lists in being a technopreneur. If I would be a technopreneur someday........

I would strive hard to develop more on my skills and to have more knowledge about it.

Ø I would like to share my ideas to the people who wants to be part of it or to those who are interested.

Ø I would extend my help if they need me that is in connection with the business.

Ø I would pursue what are my dreams that I want it all to achieve.

Ø I would have my own business a big business which are involves in technologies which it is the results of what I have persuaded to achieve my goals in life.

Ø I would have a business of my own and it is extended to more branches nationwide.

Ø I would like in my business that from time to time it is in the headline that my company is upgrading too fast.

Ø I would choose to build my business in an IT Park, to call the attention of the consumers.

Ø I would like that many people are engaging in this kind of business because I inspired them.

Ø I would not limit my scope in the business and I will be an open-minded person.

Ø I would not be just a simple employee but I would be an employer to help many people and to help also the economic status of our country.

Ø I would be the best technopreneur not just in Davao, not just in the Philippines but in a whole wide world.

Ø I would also be thankful and I will enjoy every single moment and be contented of what is given to me by our God the father, the blessings which he showered upon me which is maybe the results of what I did. And I would offer all my success to our God who leads me from the start to an end of all the things I’ve encountered.

I could say that it is easy to write all the things I stated above but it was just a wish or let me say it’s a dream. A dream I want to become true. I would really look forward to have these things if ever I am in a line of technopreneurship. But it really depend on me on years goes by on what would I choose to take a path? All I should do is to set my priorities to be able to achieve such things as what I want to be. And I want that in a near future my parents would really be proud of what they daughters’ attained. And there is a saying that “If there’s no pain, there’s no gain”.


3. WOULD YOU TAKE THE SAME CAREER PATH THAT STEVE JOBS TOOK? WHY OR WHY NOT?


The Pirates of the Silicon Valley follows the subsequent development of the IBM-PC with the help of Bill Gates and the Microsoft in 1981. Meanwhile, Apple Company has developed The Lisa and later on The Macintosh, these computers which were inspired by the XEROX ALTO, a computer which the Apple team viewed during the tour of Xerox PARC during the late 1970’s. In 1985, Steve Jobs is given a birthday toast shortly before he is fired by the CEO who is John Sculley from Apple Computer. A brief epilogue notes with that happened afterwards in Steve Jobs’ and Steve Wozniak’s lives. In 1997, Steve Jobs returned to Apple after its acquisition, and Bill Gates appears live via a satellite at a MacWorld Expo, during that time Steve Jobs first keynotes note address was he announced an alliance between Apple and Microsoft. And at the end of the note he declared that Bill Gates was the richest man in the world.

Steven Paul Jobs is an American business magnate and inventor. He is well known for being the co-founder and chief executive of Appl. Jobs' history in business has contributed much to the symbolic image of the idiosyncratic, individualistic Silicon Valley entrepreneur, emphasizing the importance of design and understanding the crucial role aesthetics play in public appeal. His driving forward the development of products that are both functional and elegant has earned him a devoted following. Jobs is listed as either primary inventor or co-inventor in over 230 both awarded patents and patent applications related to a range from actual computer and portable devices to user interfaces (including touch-based), speakers, keyboards, power adapters, staircases, clasps, sleeves, lanyards and packages. These are some of the things that Steve Jobs achieves.

Steve Jobs is one of the technopreneur in the world with a great desire in his heart and done the things he wants to, keen or passionate, hard working and determination, knowledgeable and wise. These are some characteristics that could be best describe to Steve Jobs, that’s why he succeed and it came to a point that he felt being contented in a way that all his wants and dreams happened as times goes by. In this situation, I would answer with a big YES! I would follow Steve Jobs’ career in a way that I could also help myself to have a good attitude and not to ruin the things that I almost risk my lives to have it. If I could be one of the technopreneur someday I must probably have the characteristics of being a good and successful technopreneur and I can make it to the top with my own simple little way because everyone is unique with their own special ways, and so do I. As I’ve done watching the film, I was so inspired by Steve Jobs and his team because they have the cooperation and team work to achieve the said project. Steve Jobs inspired me to engage in this kind of business even though I am still a student. I also admire him in all ways that he did to make it to the top. I get an idea that if all people were interested in this business then our economy crisis will decrease. Therefore, all of us could experience what Steve Jobs encountered.

But there is also a big NO, NO to my answer in the question stated above because I don’t want to follow his bad attitude towards in his environment. Like being an insensitive one, he was really the insensitive person I use to know which could really irritates and it struck me with the problem if we are working in a team and one of our team possessed this kind of attitude. So, it could really be a big impact to the failure of each individual within a company. As what I understand in the film that everyone who possessed these kind of attitudes like abusing every ones capacity, short tempered, arrogant and many other negative traits it could really not help to ourselves especially with the people around us and we know that it could lead us to face the failure of our lives.

As a technopreneur someday we should also have the courage to do want we want or what we want to achieve in our life. We should love what we are doing, we are a determined person, a broad or open minded person that must think and go beyond the limits, passionate to our jobs, focus on what we are doing, hard working person, confidence is also needed in this kind of business, trusting every ones capacity who are working in a team and trust yourself, we should also inspire each other to have a better performance or to come up with a great results and most of all is that we are a critical thinker were it involves the problem-solving takes place, lots of experiences in a field of technopreneurship, and we should have a wide ideas or knowledge about it.

Therefore, I choose to imitate Steve Jobs’ career path because it really shows that he achieve his goals and he is contented of what had happen to him. But the things that I don’t want to possess are that the bad attitudes he earned after he was already a successful technopreneur were he really change a lot. We should not put to our minds that all will happen to us are all success and happiness in life but we should also take the failures that comes to us because in that way we are able to prove to ourselves that failures is the best way to develop our strength and our capacity to go beyond what we expect from ourselves. We should put to our minds that failures may comes to us not to lead us down but to be a fighter to take the challenges which can help us to the near future.Everyone is welcome to be interested with technopreneurship but it requires a great decision coming from ourselves that we are willing to engross with this technopreneurship world.

No comments:

Post a Comment